Previous Participation in PRC in another State or Territory
Thank you all for all your hard work and enthusiasm in running the Challenge at your school!
If you have students who have moved to your school from interstate, and have completed the Premier’s Reading Challenge in their old school prior to moving to SA, we are more than happy to update our records to include their previous participation.
Please note that we cannot give students retrospective awards, but will award them in the current year according to the number of years completed both interstate and in SA.
As we do not have access to the interstate records, we require the following steps to be undertaken:
- Students requiring acknowledgement of interstate participation show their school’s PRC coordinator the certificates they received interstate.
- PRC coordinator then contacts the PRC office via email (firstname.lastname@example.org) and provides the following information
– Student’s name
– current year level
– EDID number (this is the long number on EDSAS with a letter on the end.) – DE schools only
– Date of birth
– which years the student completed the Challenge interstate.
- PRC staff will then add the student to your school for the previous years, and the student will receive the next award according to how many years they have completed the Challenge overall.
Please note: the Northern Territory does not run a Premier’s Reading Challenge.
Students who are moving schools (local or interstate)
Please ensure that students’ PRC records go with each student to their new school, and that the student and their parents are clear on what level the student is “up to”.